Yesterday night I was ready to scream at my VPS, because I kept getting:
WARNING: MaxClients of 1000 exceeds ServerLimit value of 256 servers,
lowering MaxClients to 256. To increase, please see the ServerLimit directive.… Read More
Sadly, in my tiredness and googleing I didn’t immediately find the answer until today shortly after I woke up, I finally found the solution here. In short “ServerLimit” MUST MUST gobefore MaxClients otherwise this error will show up, no matter how many times you check that you spelled everything right, and how many times you restart the service!
Simple fix, but if you don’t know, it can be quite a headache!